Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pictures

I think that it was on a tv show, but it has been stuck in my head for a while now. There was a man who took wayyy to many pictures of his child, he captured everything that this child was doing, on a daily basis. As previously stated, I do not remember where I heard this, but the information has been with me, embedded into my brain. The person who was advising the man told him to take the camera and put it down, live as a parent and not as a photographer.

I think it is easy some times to capture what our children are doing, through film. While we are filming we are missing so much behind the lens. The children want to experience life, and want their parents or caregivers to be there for them, in case they are scared or have something fun to share.

I tend to take a lot of pictures because I have no pictures of myself when I was young, I think my sister does the same thing. As well, I think that it is easy to take an abundant amount of pictures because technology allows people to do so.

No comments: