Sunday, April 18, 2010

Oh Boys

As I walked into my bathroom yesterday morning, I realized the "joys" of living with not only little kids, but living with boys! If it were not for my teenage stepdaughter, I would have no other estrogen in my house. I looked into my tub, and saw dinosaurs, boats, cars, and superheros littered on the floor and inside the tub. The weird part of seeing all of these items is that this is not their bathroom,they have their own. They picked out this vibrantly green paint to use on the wall, and decorated it in a Spongebob-Underwater sort of thing. I think they spend more time in my bathroom than they do their own.

The previous day, I watched them as they were bathing in their bathroom, I watched them play their little boy games and saw them pretending. I thought back to my childhood, when my sister used to take a bath. It seemed that we were in that tub for hours, pretending with every ounce of our being, with the little toys we had. We would play with the soap, the tub stopper, anything we could get our little hands on. It made me realize how different being a boy and being a girl is. There are so many things I want my boys to be interested in, but I have to remember that they are BOYS and just because I think its cool, it may not be to them.

No comments: