Friday, August 7, 2009

Bus Mishaphs :(



Monday’s school day went well; he got off the bus just fine. Tuesday was a whole new story, and here it is:
The bus Elijah is supposed to ride come and dropped of the children. I waited for Elijah to get off the bus, and then the bus pulled off. I didn’t think too much of it, he must have missed the bus I thought. I would have just gone to the school picked him up and called it a day. As I walked home, and called David and told him that Eli wasn’t on the bus, he flipped out. When I got home, he was scrambling to find the number to the school. I located it, and called to see where my Elijah was. Upon calling the school, I was told that they sent him home with his big brother. Hello, his big bro goes to a whole different school system, and I told them that. They kept putting me on hold, so I told them that I was coming to the school. As soon as I got there with David, they told me to go back to the bus stop and wait because the bus will drop him off. I went back and was there for about 10 mins when David called to tell me that they told him to go to the "bus hub" and get Eli. (The bus hub is a central location where the kids who live on the other side of town or in different neighborhoods switch busses.) David wasn’t even outta the parking lot, when the principal called him back to tell him that Eli wasn’t at the hub. David went back to the school and waited and fussed as Elijah’s teacher and the idiot Principal were trying to locate him. So at this point I find out that he was put on the wrong bus, they didn’t know what bus it was, and when they were dispatching, they were calling out a name that wasn’t “Elijah Boyd”, so of course he didn’t answer, he didn’t know who the heck they were talking about. As I stated, David stayed at the school as instructed and then eventually was told by the police officer that was called to the school, to go back to the hub. David called me to tell me what he was doing; at that point I was hysterical. Not long after, the Principal called me at home and told me that Eli was standing in front of her, and to call David and tell him to come pick up Elijah. I called David to tell him, I dropped the phone, told my stepdaughter that I would be back and to watch out for Peyton, and I flew to the school.
I honestly wish I could say that’s where all the drama ends. As I stated previously, they were blaming Elijah for not answering when they called his (WRONG) name on the bus. I felt soooooo soooooo sooooo bad for him being in a strange situation, on top of the fact that he has anxiety. He ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug he ever has in his whole entire five years of life. I could not believe what I felt when I hugged him, sweat! He was SOAKING wet in sweat. And the worst part of all of this? They didnt even offer him a drink.
And to top it the entire ordeal, the principal blamed me for not putting info on Eli. WTF?! I opened his book bag and what do I see???? A piece of paper that I filled out the day before with my name, address, home and cell numbers, my birthday, AND my SS number! What more do they need???? I guess blood, hair, and DNA samples!
It was the most emotional day of my life; I wouldn’t want to deal with that ever again. As soon as I got home, I printed out this HUGE ID tag that had every last bit of information on it short of his SS number, and made sure it was on his book bag. When he went to school this morning (I did put him on the bus) everyone knew who he was, where he lived, what his mom and dad’s names are. I thought to myself that this boy BETTER come home safely today!
He rode the bus home with no glitch today. As he was getting off the bus, I saw this big ole white thing attached to his book bag……….. It was an index card with his name, mine and David’s cell numbers (although they managed to get those wrong too) and his bus number on it! I found humor in it, but it served its purpose.
I am just so very grateful that my son is ok, and that he is back to annoying his brother and being loud.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

OMG how did you not kill someone! I would have KILLED that teacher and principal! Or at least choked him a little bit!